The things I have learned from recovery from surgery:
1: When you have children the only 'recovery' time is when they are at school.
2. Just because the house is a mess does not mean that anyone other than you will take the initive to clean it up.
3. Children love recovery because mommy is to drugged up, or hurt to come after them, or make them do anything of benificial use, thus taking advantage of the refigorator, x-box, tv and computer, anything but the vaccum.
4. I belive in giving up children for temporary, or maybe even non temporary adoption at such times, and would likke a consultation with a lawyer.
5. Soma is the best muscle relaxant on the market, and so not ever want to go off of it. I am a self proclaimed addict for the next six weeks, then I have to fo through a diffrent recovery...getting off all the drugs. Bummer.
6. When you have to much time on your hands you will get depressed so it is important to keep your mind busy with something...like blogging.
7. 80 percent of suregons/doctors are dickheads.
8. I think as a woman we are much harder on ourselves, and don't give ourselves the 'ok' to lay on the couch or in bed for the majority of the day after surgery. We feel guilty for doing nothing, then you ponder it all day, thus #6.
9. Pain sucks. I have a tremendous amount of respect for people with debilitating painful conditions on a daily basis. If I were in pain like this for the rest of my life, I think I would jump off the nearest bridge. I really do have a newfound respect.
10. Being a very independent person, it is ard to go back to the most basics of needs...ummm..I want my mommy. :)
11. Isnurances should cover sending you away to a spa at such times, on a tropical island, with all your medications being served with a tropical drink with an umbrella. This of course being served up by your own personal man slave, who will fetch a pillow, food, and offer up massages at any given time needed.
The not so Almighty Heidi at this moment:)