5/07/2007

Medical Findings

I like to read about new medical breakthroughs, as I have a scientific mind from my days being a nurse, but I am a bit more twisted. I think Gary Larson who made the Far Side was perhaps my soul mate.

An new recent study showed that 7 alcoholic drinks or more per week...causes brain shrinkage. More so in females than males, as females are more easily intoxicated. They actually looked at MRI's of both male and femal drinkers and non drinkers. The Volume of the brain decreased, and less blood flow with more alcohol consumption.

Now in my firm opinion, us females all know that we are intoxicaed more easily than men. Most of the time the men are the ones in hope of getting the women to this level, so the drinks keep coming, in hopes of female intoxication, which leads to promiscuity, or perhaps a body shot of some sort, or maybe some dirty dancing.

Now, I think however that the medical community was looking at the wrong brain. We as females also know, with male intoxication, it does indeed lead to....shrinkage. If they would only MRI the part of the male body that does most of the thinking anyway, they too would see...less brain volume, and less blood flow as well.


I have to end with my favorite headline of the day...there isn't too much to talk about here..... "Exercising longer, keeps the weight off"
Really?? Who would have thought!!!!


sHrInKaGe!!!!!!!!!!!!! (That was for all the Seinfeld fans)


Heidi

7 comments:

darkfoam said...

poor shrinking flacid limp withered shriveled male brain...

X. Dell said...

Heidi, how permanent is this female brain shrinkage?

Foam, you are apparently a woman who cannot appreciate soft brains.

That's okay. I have a hard head.

Anonymous said...

i was wondering what kind of answer x. would come up with. okay, chuckle, i'm humored on an early tuesday morning..
foam

AlmightyHeidi said...

X- If it were permanent, I would have noo brain volume left:)
Foam...he is a trip isn't he!

Lady Prism said...

knock..knock!..Is it really you Almighty?!...

Glad to read you back..been some time...

...am' visualizing soft brains and shrinking shrivelled heads...

AlmightyHeidi said...

Thanks Lady!

I don't have to relly visalize...I sleep next to one every night:) Ha!!

Rainypete said...

Exercising!? Bah! As a married man I am probably not as heavily impacted by the alcohol thing. Now that the two contraceptives are running around the house and torturing the dog I don't get to "think" much any more anyhow.