7/12/2007

To reach for something greater, you must first let go of what is in your hand

I like the quote above. All of us humans are such self limitating, by what we precive ourselves to be. I rememeber when I had my daughter I was 18, and pretty poor. Por becomes a way of life, then a lifestyle. It was ok not to have cable or a phone, enough gas to visit my parents, to do the laundry in the sink and hang it on the clothesline to dry. It was alright to eat mac n cheese all the time. This is all I saw my life being.

I look back and I could have been stuck there. Circumstances pulled me out...and up.

Then circumstance, fate, whatever it is, can also be bittersweet. I love fresh pineapple. I like it chilled ice cold, and when I bite into it the juice explodes, and the pineapple itself tastes sweeter than anything. Then there are other times where it is sour, and it makes me pucker, but i eat it anyways.

I would rather have the sweet circumstance, the sweet fate of life. Free will yes....we have it...do we have free will in circumstance...if it concerns another person, like them having a heart attack no..our actions during that time.....yes...our emotions...maybe. Destiny..I guess so...Did I make this path by free will, or did circumstance take over, or is the man upstairs in charge??


Thats as deep as the Almighty Heidi Gets for today. What will tommorrow bring??

3 comments:

X. Dell said...

Hopefully, tomorrow will bring you a good day.

One of the things about old sayings that make me smile is that their wisdoms often conflict: "Look before you leap," vs. "He who hesitates is lost;" "Absense makes the heart grow fonder," vs. "Out of sight, out of mind."

The title quote immediately brings to my mind something about a bird in the hand....

darkfoam said...

my wish for you tomorrow is for a 'sweet pineapple'.

AlmightyHeidi said...

x-dell: Shit or get off the pot....

That was my dads favorite:)

Foam: MMMM sweet pineapple