12/09/2009

Beautiful Boy

I wish I could free your mind


not quite man
not quite child


from this prision within


for you I prayed


but all the angels music


does not make sense in your head


chords playing out of tune


jagged twisted


even the sun has become dark


oh wounded soul

my beautiful boy


asking the gods

to let it be me instead


where is the key

to set you free


Then you can let the music


speak it's truth


in a language you understand


softly whispering


untangling thoughts
calming the mind
finding the path

I refuse to let you go
I will stay close while your world is falling
go to the place
where the sun shines again



Almighty Heidi



2 comments:

Shadow said...

beautiful. heart-warming. may your wish be fulfilled.

Tom Bailey said...

This was my favorite part

I like this:

untangling thoughts
calming the mind
finding the path

Kindest regards,
Tom Bailey