6/09/2009

Goodbye Dream


Last night I had a very vivid dream....and I know it is a bit strange, but I don't think it was for me, so I'm gonna share with all of you.

I dreamed that a child had died, a little girl. I had her in my arms, she was gasping for air, but then passed on, there was nothing I could do, but knew it was meant to be so. I was trying to find her mom desperatly trying to find her mom. There was just a real sense of urgency, so it made me frantic.

I found her grandmother and handed her the child, and said to her "She did not get to say goodbye, she wants to say goodbye" and the grandmother rocked the child in her arms.

I still had to find the mother, and when I did, I tried to hand her her child.
She refused to take her..mostly out of pain I think.

So I told her "She wants you to tell you goodbye, she did not get to say goodbye" and the mother shakes her head in denial, and says "How do you know, you do not know that"

Then I saw her necklace, and it was a dragonfly.

"I can tell you why you wear that necklace"
and she stood there stunned because the necklace had meaning, something she never told anyone.

"When you were little, you used to watch the dragonflys, you like the color of the wings, and bodies, and you finally were able to catch one, and you accidently tore off it's wing. You felt terrible, and never caught another dragonfly again, but continued to watch them untill this day"

Her mouth hung open.

"Then your grandmother called for you, and she made you grape soda (or a slushie) ."

After that, the woman took her child and wept, and said goodbye to her baby.


And that my friends was my dream

Heidi.

15 comments:

Shadow said...

closure

Shadow said...

closure

Wait. What? said...

ah dreams are so mysterious and wonderful.

Michael Horvath said...

Interesting. It would also make for a good story.

Andrea said...

Actually this is so sad and strange, and those pics in the sidebar..:(

boo boo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rikkij said...

Dragonflies and grape slushies. hmmm...? Wonder what this will have me dreaming of tonight?? Interesting dream for sure! ~rick

AlmightyHeidi said...

Shadow and Cat: Yup!!
MPH: Not a bad idea!
Alpha, it is sad, but the pictures well they just seemed right with the dream..I dunno. Rick..Thanks for stopping by.

I am a dreamer both asleep and awake, can't help the images in my head, but I hope this one helps somebody!

MaQuade said...

Could the little girl be the little Heidi that was afraid to get attached to dreams or was afrid to be disappointed in dreaming? Perhaps her mother in this dream is you, who is now open to HOPES and DREAMS and HAPPINESS. The dragonfly on the necklace might have been representative of the last hopes of your dreams... and now you've grown back into hoping and dreaming, leaving that part of the little girl in you behind.

Just my 2 cents.

L-
-J

Unknown said...

thats an a amazing dream- dragonflies are about seeing past the illusions that so many of live under.
I think someone close needs to forgive themselves for the loss of child, new beginning, dream or hope- something like that.
Its a beautiful dream of reconciling with a difficult past and the dragonfly is representing to you that it is a spiritual dream.
It was the final chapter and the book is now closed- you wont have the dream again .

Lisa xx

Andrea said...

Oh don't get me wrong...the pics go great with the post. Full impact so to speak.

Andrea said...

Look at me posting three times ..lol

You have an award missy on my blog:)

Just Be Real said...

Potent dream Heidi! Appreciate you sharing. Blessings.

Anonymous said...

I think it was for you.
Changing circumstances
Say goodbye to the old, say welcome to the new.

AlmightyHeidi said...

Thanks to all..i am still pondering..alot more dreams as of late where that one came from.